It’s not enough to plot. You need to plan also…
Just got back from the big Arisia science fiction/ fantasy conference in Boston. I stuffed my schedule as full as possible with panels about writing and for writers and readers as well.
Learning’s important. When we stop learning and growing we stagnate, and if I learn something new, the day has not been wasted (especially when its about something that’s important to me, like writing.)
Now, one of the points that people kept emphasizing is that of publicizing your work, so that the people who would enjoy it or benefit it will find it amongst all of the millions of other books out there. People can’t read you if they don’t know that your work exists.
Folks kept saying that you need to have a plan. I found that I have or do a lot of the things that they say you need to have or do to get your work out there.
- I have two websites for my writing, one at http://www.foresightyourpsychic.com/Foresight-Publications.html and one at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/CKane
- I have a writing blog here at www.CatherineKaneWrites.wordpress.com and I post on it regularly.
- I leave comments on other blogs and pages.
- I have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catherine-Kane-Writes/134304556668759
- I do podcasts, like the one I’m doing tomorrow night from 8-9 on
the New Normal on www.liveparanormal.com
- I speak at conferences like http://www.changingtimeschangingworlds.org/
- I appear on panels at conferences like Arisia (http://2013.arisia.org/)
Whew! Makes me feel tired just looking at it.
So, since I’m doing a number of the things that folks say you’ve gotta do to publicize your work, I think that I’ve gotta develop a way of doing them better. Be faster/ more efficient/ more of service.
I need a plan. So while I’m plotting out my next book, I’ll also be planning how I’m going to let people know about it.
Do you have a plan? What do you do to let people know about your writing?…
For more information on Catherine’s books, “Adventures in Palmistry”, “The Practical Empath – Surviving and Thriving as a Psychic Empath”, her urban fantasy “The Lands That Lie Between” and her latest book “Manifesting Something Better” all from Foresight Publications, click here