What’s the number one reason people give for why they don’t write? They say they can’t find the time.
But there’s time to be had, if you go about it the right way.
One trick for having time to write is by being prepared.
- Have pencil and paper easily available
- Have your computer set up and ready to go
- Have any notes you need there where you can find them easily
- End each writing session in the middle of a scene, so you know where you’re going when you start up again
- If you need something particular to write, like coffee, music, or a reference book, have them in or near your writing area so you don’t need to fumble around to set things up
Have a place where you’re ready to write, so that, when you get the time, you can just sit down and go at it, without wasting time in setting things up. This not only saves you set up time, but also all of the time where you don’t write because by the time you set up, you’ll be out of time to write.
So be prepared- and spend more time writing…
And, for more ideas on time for writing, check out
from Catherine Kane
For more information on Catherine’s books, “Adventures in Palmistry”, “The Practical Empath – Surviving and Thriving as a Psychic Empath”, “Manifesting Something Better” , her urban fantasy “The Lands That Lie Between” and her new book “The Psychic Power of Your Dreams”, all from Foresight Publications, click here