It’s the holidays and most of us are shopping for presents for our nearest and dearest.
Are you shopping for a writer?
Well, writers need sweaters of course, and gift baskets of assorted delicacies, and underwear, and possibly even fruitcake.
But there are some special things you can get for our writer to make him or her jump with joy.
1) Writer gadgets- Pens. A mouse for the computer. A portfolio for the pages they’re editing. A button that says “Writer”. There are lots of things out there that make writing easier or more playful
2) Inspirational beverages- Coffee. Tea. Frappachinos. Most writers have a beverage that gives them the strength and inspiration to do great things, and many of them are caffeinated. Give them gift card for their beverage of choice or a gift cert saying you will go and bring it to them while they pound out 50 more pages of inspired prose
3) Software- Word processing programs. Voice recognition software that’ll record what your writer dictates. Writing based games for a break to renew the mind.
4) Reference books – Is your writer writing steampunk, or historical romance, or international intrigue? Find out what reference books would make it easier for them to fill in the details. In a pinch, a gift card to choose their own references can do
5) Time to write- This can be the biggest gift of all. Offer to babysit, run errands or cook dinner to give your writer more time to write
There’s just a few ideas to get you started. Now what does your writer want?
For more information on Catherine’s books, “Adventures in Palmistry”, “The Practical Empath – Surviving and Thriving as a Psychic Empath”, “Manifesting Something Better” ,“The Psychic Power of Your Dreams”, her urban fantasy “The Lands That Lie Between”, and her new book “Magick for Pennies”, all from Foresight Publications, click here