..and I’ve just added a new one to my list.
I’ve admired the work of Tanya Huff for many years now, and was tickled that I’d get a chance to hear her talk at Pi-Con this past weekend. I knew she was a great writer, but what I hadn’t realized was that she is also a wonderful person.
Pi-Con gave me a chance to discover that. She
- knew what she was talking about but didn’t come across as stuffy or self important
- was approachable and easy to talk to
- told stories about herself and her life, and not just ones that made her look good (I love someone who can laugh at herself)
- not only shared the spotlight with others well, but actually went out of her way to make sure that every panelist got the spotlight
- had a notebook and took notes whenever anyone mentioned something she found interesting (and that happened a lot)
- made funny (indeed goofy comments) that made her one of us (like the one about the planet where the sheep were the apex predator)
As I said, I’ve admired her work for a long time; and now I admire her as well
I only hope that someday I’ll grow up to be as good a writer and as nice a person as Tanya Huff
(please pardon the fan girl squee, but it’ such a delight to find that a writer you admire is even cooler than you thought 😉 )
For more information on Catherine’s books, “Adventures in Palmistry”, “The Practical Empath – Surviving and Thriving as a Psychic Empath”, “Manifesting Something Better”, “The Psychic Power of Your Dreams”, her urban fantasy “The Lands That Lie Between” and her new book “Magick for Pennies”, all from Foresight Publications, click here
and for the new Kindle version of Manifesting Something Better, click here