Got a character who seems stiff and two dimensional? Got a character you don’t understand?
Well, try getting to know your character better by taking him on a road trip. What would he or she do if
- he was visiting a foreign country?
- she was stuck in an elevator?
- he had to pitch his goals to a large group of people?
- she was having an intimate dinner with an attractive stranger?
- he was running for office?
- she was running for her life?
You don’t have to write these scenarios or include them in the writing you’re doing, but taking a moment to close your eyes and picture that problem character in an assortment of situations can give you better input into who he really is and why he’s in your story.
Give it a try and see what happens. You may find your character is more interesting than you thought…
For more information on Catherine’s books, “Adventures in Palmistry”, “The Practical Empath – Surviving and Thriving as a Psychic Empath”, “Manifesting Something Better”, “The Psychic Power of Your Dreams”, “Magick for Pennies” and her urban fantasy “The Lands That Lie Between”, all from Foresight Publications, click here
and for the new Kindle version of Manifesting Something Better, click here