First and foremost, before you go looking for a writing group, it’s important to know what you want to get out of a group.
It’s not a one size fits all universe, and different writers are looking for different things. You too. You may be looking for
- the company of other writers,
- folks who will understand the challenges writers face and may have answers to those challenges,
- feedback on your writing,
- accountability to help you keep writing,
- networking to help you meet your writing goals,
- someone to write with (even if you’re all doing it online),
- or any of a hundred other goals.
A group may be a wonderful group, but if you’re looking for writing critique for your romance novel and the group is full of mystery writers, it may not be the right group to help you do what you’re looking to accomplish.
Before you set out hunting for your tribe, please stop and think about what you want to get out of a writing group?
(Before this, look at Online Writing Groups )
For more information on Catherine’s books, “Adventures in Palmistry”, “The Practical Empath – Surviving and Thriving as a Psychic Empath”, “Manifesting Something Better”, “The Psychic Power of Your Dreams”, “Magick for Pennies” and her urban fantasy “The Lands That Lie Between”, all from Foresight Publications, click here
and for the new Kindle version of Manifesting Something Better, click here